Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14th

Hi everyone! This is my first update to the site... I thought you would all like to hear from me every once in awhile :) Today is Day 14 of my chemo treatment at Hopkins which meant I had another Bone Marrow Biopsy done by my Nurse practitioner, Denise. She is the best...it was totally pain free! I also got news that since I haven't had the negative side affects that usually go along with this treatment that I can choose when to discharge outta here. But I will probably have a procedure next where my sister, Marie, donates her lymphocytes (DLI) to me to kill off my Leukemia stem cells and force Graft versus Host Disease (GVHD). My hope is that GVHD happens this time so I can finally go into remission.

I know that the last update had some scary and sombering news, but I am happy to report I made it through the storm and we are back on course for treatment. It was something I definitely never thought I would be going through at this time in my life, but like any other life changing event it has helped to refocus me and what I want in life. Thank you to my mom, Marie, Jeremy, Amal and Susan for being there for me during that time. Apparently I was a hoot at times...I spoke fluent spanish while dreaming out loud one afternoon. I guess I was telling a Mexican family all about my cats. And I would break out in song and dance in my bed. I think it was my bodies way of letting my family know I was still in there fighting regardless of what the doctors said.

Things are very uncertain right now with my job and living situation. I have been informed that if I do not return to work by July 31st I will be terminated. So Jeremy and I have a lot on our plate. Even if I can return to work before the date, I do not feel I can return to my apartment in its current state of moldy carpet which would make me sick and put me back in the hospital. Also, I know I would need some additional time off since after the DLI we will be waiting for GVHD to take affect which could take up to 3 months to manifest. Again, a lot of decisions to make...

I have truly enjoyed reading the postings on the guestbook. I miss and love you all! Thank you for your support and prayers. And don't worry I plan to kick cancer in the ass no matter how long it takes me :)

Love, Jen :)

1 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger SpillToJill said...

Jen - you sound amazing! I love you and think of you all the time. I am so proud that you are able to keep kicking butt - no matter what!

Love,
Jillybean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home